Sunday, December 15, 2013

ADVENT: Day Fifteen – December 15, 2013

Isaiah 52:7-10:  [9]”Break forth, shout joyfully together, you waste places of Jerusalem [all who believe]; for the LORD has comforted His people, He has redeemed Jerusalem [all who believe].  [10]The LORD has bared His holy arm in the sight of all the nations, that all the ends of the earth may see the salvation of our GOD.”

Today is the third Sunday of Advent.  The Candle of JOY (pink) is lighted reminding us that GOD’s salvation brings JOY!

The prophet Isaiah looks to a day when GOD will come and fulfill His promise of salvation.  He will comfort.  He will redeem.  He will bring salvation to the ends of the earth and to all who believe.  This time of great joy is inaugurated at that first Christmas in the little town of Bethlehem.

The LORD alone is our salvation.  In Him are hope, peace and JOY.  As I prepare my heart for Christmas Day, I am reminded of the salvation I have in JESUS CHRIST.  This is the JOY that comes only from GOD through JESUS!  It is a JOY that exceeds my circumstances.  It cannot be ignited by my circumstances nor can it be quenched by my circumstances.  It is JOY unspeakable and causes me to behave in ways that seems foolish to those around me who do not believe and therefore who cannot understand.

Foolishly & wildly expressing my great JOY because of Christmas Day!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment