Tuesday, December 3, 2013

ADVENT: Day Three -- December 3, 2013

“[1]After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, ‘Do not fear, Abram, I AM a Shield to you; your reward shall be very great.’  [2]Abram said, ‘O LORD GOD, what will You give me, since I am childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?’ [3]And Abram said, ‘Since You have given no offspring to me, one born in my house is my heir.’  [4]Then, behold, the word of the LORD came to him saying, ‘This man will not be your heir; but one who shall come forth from your own body, he shall be your heir.’  [5]And He took him outside and said, ‘Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them.’  And He said to him, ‘So shall your descendants be.’  [6]The he BELIEVED in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.” –Genesis 15:1-6

Even now I gaze into the heavens and search through the stars that I might see some hint of the promise of GOD being fulfilled.  Though I am still watching and waiting I do so with a sense of hope because I BELIEVE GOD is Faithful and that He is true to His promises.  I encourage you . . . look unto the heavens . . . the LORD is near!

Trust . . . believe . . . have faith . . . He is coming!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment