Thursday, December 19, 2013

ADVENT: Day Nineteen – December 19, 2013

Read Luke 1:39-55:  [44]Elizabeth said: “For behold, when the sound of your (Mary) greeting reached my ears, the baby (John) leaped in my womb for joy.”  Mary said:  [46]My soul exalts the LORD, [47]and my spirit has rejoiced in GOD my Savior.  [48]For He has had regard for the humble state of His bondslave; for behold, from this time on all generations will count me blessed.  [49]For the Mighty One has done great things for me; and holy is His name.”

John leaps with joy in his mother’s womb because of the presence of JESUS.  Amazingly, before JESUS is even born He is bringing joy to the world.  This is still true today.  As we celebrate this ADVENT season the world is filled with great joy and expectation.  It is important that we do not allow ourselves to become to accustomed to the story of Christmas.  Do not lose your childlike anticipation of the Christ-child.  May our hearts continue leaping with great joy as we embrace the truth of Christmas morning.

As Mary thinks about GOD’s inclusion of her in His incredible plan of redemption she is overwhelmed with joy.  She is overwhelmed with joy at the coming redemptive work of GOD.  She is overwhelmed with joy because GOD is making good on His promises.  May we also be continuously overwhelmed by GOD’s redemptive plan . . . at the gift of JESUS, My Deliverer.  May we be continuously overwhelmed that GOD is Faithful and is fulfilling His promises.  May we be continuously overwhelmed because, like Mary, GOD has chosen us to be included in His plan of salvation. 

By GOD’s grace He chose Mary to bear His Son, and by His grace He has chosen me to be His Son!  That is the source of our JOY during this season of Advent!

I am overwhelmed with great JOY . . . My prayer is that you know what I mean!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment